In 2014 SA Youth celebrated 30 years of promoting the positive development of poor urban youth living in pockets of poverty and at risk of dropping out of school. Our primary mission is to capitalize on the strengths, talents, and skills of inner-city youth so that we can help them achieve their full potential in life. We offer a variety of quality programs and services throughout San Antonio in order to fulfill this mission.
SA Youth is concerned primarily with academic achievements, character developments and developing healthy lifestyles.
To develop the character, strengths, talents and skills of San Antonio’s high-risk urban youth through fun, safe experiences, positive learning environments, and holistic programs that inspire each individual to fulfill their potential personally and in the community.
Our vision is to reach out to San Antonio’s high-risk urban youth so each one who enters our doors will go forward with the tools necessary for lifelong success.
At SA Youth, we are guided by core principles that direct our work with urban youth.
These principles include:
- Understand the needs of urban youth
- Effectively and efficiently meet a number of specified and documented needs through professional programs and services
- Collaborate with other agencies to meet those needs
- Promote SA Youth in the community and help the community understand our role in the city
- Operate in a fiscally responsible manner
- Employ a set of standard core values to direct our work and our business
At SA Youth, we are committed to the consistent application of core values and principles in working with youth. These values include:
- Caring: We promote a genuine interest in the welfare of all people.
- Honesty and Integrity: We conduct ourselves with transparency and honesty, and maintain the highest degree of integrity in all we do.
- Learning: We are always learning new things and challenging the status quo.
- Fun: We make the best of each day and have fun in all we do.
- Stewardship: We practice personal and group accountability, providing timely information and being responsible with the trust and resources entrusted to us.
- Embracing Change: We are flexible and embrace the challenges of a constantly changing world.
- Commitment to Green: We are environmentally responsible and prepare youth to take an active role in sustaining out planet.